When it comes to your small business, networking can be a great way to get your name out into the community and help generate new business. These new clients can then spread the word about your new business, and generate even more buzz about the work you're doing in the community. Here are a few ways networking can help your new business.
- Increased Business: as stated above, going to networking events can help spread the word about your new business and generate new clients and revenue. This is all good news for you as you’re trying to make it as an entrepreneur and business owner.
- Opportunities: there are all kinds of new opportunities awaiting you at networking events. Whether it be joint ventures, new client leads, speaking engagements, and even sponsorship deals, these are all new opportunities to get exposure for your business.
- Advice: having like-minded people at events can often lead to a great number of learning opportunities. If you’re new in the business world, or new at starting your own business, networking events can be a great way to gather information on the dos and don’ts of your industry.
- Confidence: just because you own your own business doesn’t mean you have all the confidence in the world. Going out, networking, and talking with others who are in the same position you are can give you the confidence and tools to go out and try new things knowing others have had success with them.
- Connections: the saying goes, “it’s not WHAT you know, it’s WHO you know.” This rings true when you have a business you’re just starting out with. Go to events and make connections with other people in your town or city, and help get your name and business name out there to the community.
If you’re looking to network and gain connections in the South Sioux City area, the South Sioux City Chamber of Commerce proudly hosts weekly Chamber Coffee Hour events during the fall. Each Friday morning from 9:30-10:30AM we invite you to come network with other professionals in the area. If this sounds like the event for you, please visit our event calendar for more information.
In addition to the weekly Chamber Coffee Hour, we will also be hosting our Speed Networking Happy Hour on November 15th. It can provide a perfect networking opportunity to make new business contacts and relationships with Chamber members. You can use it to promote your business or network with other professionals. If either you or your company is looking for a special seat at the table, fill out our sponsorship form. The registration for the event is available on our website. We hope to see you there!